Golden Star Casino is made with Softswiss company, casino offer more then 20 casino providers and wide range casino bonuses, starting with 100% casino bonus up to 100 euros + 100 free spins and continued with 75% and 50% casino bonus up to 100 euros. Players also can get other reload casino bonuses and free spins for deposits. Read more about all key facts in our Golden Star Casino review.
Golden Star Casino is a long-running licensed online casino that has been operating since 2012. It is one of the larger casinos online that support bitcoin payments. It is also notable for offering a multitude of bonuses and promotions.
Golden Star Casino is a long-running licensed online casino that has been operating since 2012. It is one of the larger casinos online that support bitcoin payments. It is also notable for offering a multitude of bonuses and promotions. With titles from numerous online casino game providers, Golden Star Casino features hundreds of games. It offers a wide variety of game options including slots and various table games such as roulette, blackjack, keno, poker, lottery, bingo, craps, and dice. The games are provably fair. The site also features live dealer games, multiplayer games, as well as some casual games.
With titles from numerous online casino game providers, Golden Star Casino features hundreds of games. It offers a wide variety of game options including slots and various table games such as roulette, blackjack, keno, poker, lottery, bingo, craps, and dice. The games are provably fair. The site also features live dealer games, multiplayer games, as well as some casual games like minesweeper.
Golden Star Casino supports multiple payment methods, of course including bitcoins. If you are looking for an online bitcoin casino with a good variety of games, enticing promotions and bonuses, support for multiple currencies and payment methods, and responsive support, this site is worth considering as one of your top options.
Signing up for a Golden Star Casino account is a short process. Just click on the Sign Up button on upper right corner of site and fill out the required details. You will only be asked for your email address, password, and preferred currency. The whole process shouldn’t take longer than 20 seconds. You will be required to confirm your account by clicking on the Confirm button in the email you will receive from Golden Star pertaining to your account registration. Failure to confirm means you can’t proceed to logging in to your account.
You may also get a Golden Star Casino account using your social media account. Just click on the social media buttons on the lower part of the account registration form. You should be able to complete the registration process in around 10 seconds. The social media accounts supported are as follows: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and VK (Russian).
Golden Star Casino User Interface
Golden Star Casino’s user interface should look and feel familiar to those who have already tried having an online casino account before. The site’s index page or homepage (the page where you are taken upon signing in) looks appealing and intuitive. You will see everything you need to see on the page including the links to your account dashboard, the Deposit button, quick links to the site’s most important pages, game categories, as well as a site language toggle.
In the account dashboard, you will see balances for your deposits and comp points, a history of transactions, a tab for all details related to your bonuses, a Profile Info section, as well as a tab for uploading documents. In the Profile Info section, you will be able to add or modify details about yourself including your date of birth, gender, address, phone numbers, timezone, and currency. It’s not compulsory entering your personal details in the Profile Info section.
You will be identified by your email address in your account (not your name). To change this, you just have to fill out the name fields in your Profile Info.
The Golden Star Casino user interface in general is responsive. You may get annoyed by the recurrent flashing of the Golden Star Casino logo every time you load a new page but the waiting time is not that long.
Golden Star Casino Games
Golden Star Casino supposedly has more than 800 games, as mentioned on its About Us page. However, we found only a little over 530 games when we did a manual count.
The game collections are grouped in the following categories: Top Games, New, Slots, Jackpots, Table Games, Live Games, and Other. You should be able to find something interesting as you go over the game collections through these categories.
- As usual, the slots category had the most number of games. There were around 500 of them on the site.
- The Table Games category had 28 games at the time we did this review. These games include varieties of blackjack, roulette, baccarat, and poker.
- The Live Games category featured 9 games including live baccarat, live roulette, and live blackjack.
- The Other category, as of the time this review was written, did not contain any game.
There’s a search bar to help you find games but it seems it can only search based on game titles. It does not return results based on game category so it’s not really that helpful if you are trying to filter game collections according to a specific game type you prefer.
All of the game have Play for Fun versions. As such, we can consider Golden Star Casino as a free bitcoin casino. You can play the games on the site without having to spend real bitcoins. You will be supplied with the site’s FUN currency.
The games’ loading times are around average. We did not encounter issues as we tried loading a few sample games. We’re not sure, though, if the 4:3 aspect ratio of the games appeal to most players. These days, the more prominent monitor aspect ratio for computer and mobile device displays is 16:9. There seems to be a lot of wasted display space having 4:3 games on 16:9 displays.
Golden Star Casino Software and Fairness
The games available on Golden Star Casino are from multiple online game providers. These game providers include: Amatic, Augustgaming, Belatra, Bgaming, Bigtimegaming, Booming games, Booongo, Betsoft, EGT, ELK, Endorphina, Felixgaming, Evolution, GameArt, iSoftBet, Microgaming, Readrake, Netent, NextGen, Nolimit, Platipus, Play`nGO, JFTW, Playtech, Pragmatic Play, Playson, Push Gaming, Quickspin, Relax, Spinomenal, Thunderkick, Yggdrasil.
The games are provably fair. You have the option to check whether or not the game outcomes are being manipulated or if there is cheating involved. Just click on the Provably Fair link at the footer part of the site to see the details on how you can do the fairness testing on your own.
Golden Star Casino Is Mobile-Friendly
With its responsive web design, Golden Star Casino is a mobile-friendly bitcoin casino. It automatically adjusts its layout and the amount of content being shown for optimal viewing based on the display size of the device used to access it. Based on Google’s mobile-friendliness and speed testing scores (52/100 mobile speed score and 61/100 desktop speed score), Golden Star Casino isn’t among the fastest or most responsive online bitcoin casinos but we think the actual user experience isn’t really that bad. We actually tested it with a 256 kbps throttled connection and we were still able to play the games, albeit long waiting times needed to let games load completely.
Golden Star Casino Currencies, Deposits, and Withdrawals
Golden Star Casino supports a number of currencies. These include euro (EUR), US dollar (USD), Russian ruble (RUB), Canadian dollar (CAD), Australian dollar (AUD), Swedish krona (SEK), Norwegian krone (NOK), and of course bitcoins (BTC).
To make a deposit, just click on the green Deposit button on the upper right corner of the site. This will take you to a page that shows various payment methods. The payment methods available are Qiwi, Yandex Money via Accentpay, Comepay, Sofort Banking via Wirecard, Svyaznoy via Accentpay, Promsvyaz via Accentpay, and Alfa Click also via Accentpay.
Deposits are expected to be completed instantly. To have valid deposit, you need to deposit a minimum of 10 USD and a maximum of 10,000 USD. The minimum and maximum amounts will vary depending on the currency you chose for your account. These amounts are clearly indicated on the different payment methods.
If you want to withdraw funds from your Golden Star Casino account, you have to go to the Balance section of your account dashboard. Then, find the blue Cashout button. Withdrawals can be done through credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, and Maestro), Skrill, Neteller, Qiwi, Yandex Money, and Comepay. Except for credit card option, all withdrawal methods allow you to withdraw funds instantly.
IMPORTANT: If you don’t set bitcoin as your account’s currency, you cannot make deposits and withdrawals in bitcoins. You have to go back to your Profile Info and choose bitcoins (BTC) as your currency if you want to deposit and withdraw using this cryptocurrency. If you have already set a different currency earlier, take note that it will remain as your primary currency even after you set BTC as your currency later on. When depositing, the default Deposit page will only show you the payment methods available for the currency you set earlier. You need to click on the BTC button in the Select Balance Currency section to display the bitcoin deposit address you have to use to make a deposit in bitcoins.
Bonuses, Promotions, Player Rewards, and Affiliate Program
Golden Star Casino offers a multitude of promotions, bonuses, and player reward schemes. They can be summarized as follows:
- 100% First Deposit Bonus. This bonus is equivalent to 100% of the first deposit but not greater than 100 EUR/USD, 150 AUD/CAD, 1000 NOK/SEK, 7000 RUB, or 0.5 BTC plus the winnings from free spins. It requires a minimum deposit of 20 EUR/USD, 30 AUD/CAD, 200 NOK/SEK, 1000 RUB, or 0.03 BTC. Wagering requirement: 50x the sum of the bonus received and winnings from free spins.
- 75% Second Deposit Bonus. This is equivalent to 75% of the amount of second deposit made but not more than 100 EUR/USD, 150 AUD/CAD, 1000 NOK/SEK, 7000 RUB, or 0.5 BTC. Minimum deposit required is 20 EUR/USD, 30 AUD/CAD, 200 NOK/SEK, 1000 RUB, or 0.03 BTC. Wagering requirement: 50x the total second deposit bonus received.
- 50% Second Deposit Bonus. This is 50% of the amount of deposit made but not more than 100 EUR/USD, 150 AUD/CAD, 1000 NOK/SEK, 7000 RUB, or 0.5 BTC. You have to deposit at least 20 EUR/USD, 30 AUD/CAD, 200 NOK/SEK, 1000 RUB, or 0.03 BTC to get this bonus. Wagering requirement: 50x the third deposit bonus received.
- 50% Reload Bonus. Get a bonus of 50% of the amount of deposit made but not more than 100 EUR/USD, 150 AUD/CAD, 1000 NOK/SEK, 7000 RUB, or 0.5 BTC. This is basically the “fourth to infinity bonus” (all players who have already made 3 deposits can get this) but it can only be availed once a week, from Friday to Sunday. You have to deposit at least 20 EUR/USD, 30 AUD/CAD, 200 NOK/SEK, 1000 RUB, or 0.03 BTC to get this bonus. Wagering requirement: 50x the third deposit bonus received.
- 10% Cashback on Tuesday. This is a bonus for players who have achieved Golden Star, Platinum Star, and Black Pearl status. It is given to players who have negative balances for the previous week. Wagering requirement is 3x of the bonus received.
- Free Spins. As part of the “Welcome Pack,” you can get free spins in some of the games on the site.
- Statuses and Complimentary Points (CPs). There are 6 player statuses: New Star, Bronze Star, Silver Star, Golden Star, Platinum Star, and Black Pearl. To achieve these statuses, you have to have accumulated the following number of complimentary points 0-119 for New Star, 120-999 for Bronze Star, 1000-4999 for Silver Star, 5000-14999 for Golden Star, 15000-29999 for Platinum Star, and more than 30000 for Black Pearl. Complimentary points are earned by playing slots at the following rates: 1 point for wagering 50 EUR, 50 USD, 3000 RUB, 0.07000000 BTC, 450 NOK, 500 SEK, or 70.00 AUD/CAD. Complimentary points can be exchanged for cash at the rate shown in the image below:
- Affiliate Program. Golden Star Casino offers a net revenue share of up to 50% for affiliates. This affiliate program is a lifetime generation opportunity for all players and provides monthly payments. Head to the Affiliates page of the site (link is on the left side of the footer section) to learn more about this affiliate program.
Country Restrictions, Anonymity, and Site Languages
If you are in the Dutch West Indies, Curacao, Spain, Israel, Lithuania, France and its overseas territories (Guadeloupe, Martinique, French Guiana, Réunion, Mayotte, St. Martin, French Polynesia, Wallis and Futuna, New Caledonia), the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, the United States, Russian Federation or Ukraine, you are not allowed to play the games on Golden Star Casino using fiat currency or bitcoins. You may only play the games through the Play for Fun option.
When it comes to anonymity, unfortunately, Golden Star Casino has a policy of asking players for identification documents anytime. Players may not be able to conceal their identity. Golden Star Casino is not an anonymous bitcoin casino. You may be required to upload documents to prove your identity when doing critical actions such as withdrawals.
In addition to English, the Golden Star Casino website is available in different languages including Russian, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish, Spanish, Turkish, Greek, and German. There are two language toggles you can use: one on the upper right corner and another on the right side of the footer part of the site.
Golden Star Casino License, Regulation, and Security
Golden Star is an online casino operated by Jubise International N.V., a company created and registered under the laws of the Government of Curaçao. It is being regulated by Antillephone N.V. Jubise International N.V.’s with registration # 132515 and the following registered address: E-Commerce Park Vredenberg, Curaçao.
In terms of security, Golden Star Casino can be deemed secure enough. It uses SSL encryption to protect players’ sensitive data. The casino games on the site have also been audited by iTechLabs.
Golden Star Casino Player Support
If you have questions, complaints, or things you want to clarify, just go to the Support page and use the contact form to send an email to Golden Star Casino’s admin/support team. You can also use the site’s Zendesk support facility by clicking on the persistent Support button on the lowermost right corner of the site. Additionally, you can send an email using the following addresses: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org (for affiliate program concerns). Before sending any question, though, be sure to check out the FAQ page of the site. Your question may have already been answered in this page.
As stated on Golden Star Casino’s About Us page, this bitcoin casino provides player support 24/7.
Golden Star Casino Pros and Cons
- Appealing, intuitive website
- Provably fair games
- Several bonuses and promotions
- Support for multiple currencies and payment methods
- Not available for US players
- High wagering requirements for bonuses
- No telephone support